Posted on September 3, 2013 by admin
Millions of people move every year, be it local, intrastate or even interstate in search of livelihood, better career opportunities, closer to the family etc. However after the recession with paychecks getting stagnant or even decreasing its difficult for people to afford expensive moving companies and services of the apartment movers. Thus theres a need to optimize the services of movers so that the job could be done without paying a lot. We bring to you the following tips can help you to reduce costs
- Conduct an examination of the house, separate out things which are not essential. It is very important to reduce the load that you give to the moving company, for example you could give your unwanted items in your local shops which will earn you some dollars.
- Choosing the time when you move is also an important part. During off-season, costs can be minimized as moving services reduce their fees; for example choose to move during weekdays and during winters
- Sometimes moving companies may also charge parking charges if parking is not available in front of your house; so it is best that you speak to your neighbors and request them to keep the space in front of your house free during the loading process
- Apartment movers generally have different packages whereby the duties and responsibilities are laid out in each package, for example you may choose to do the whole packing yourself if possible
- You may also work out a discount from the moving company in exchange of agreeing to a flexible delivery schedule.
- Some movers also offer you to move the goods yourself by giving you the truck on a rental basis, this can also substantially reduce cost, especially if it is a long haul interstate drive
- Lastly there can be no substitute to bargain, bargain hard to ensure that you get the best possible discount from the moving company